1.Learn from Limpopo College of Nursing (LCN)
Limpopo College of Nursing strives to be a centre of excellence in the education and training of general
nurses who will display applied competence in the provision of care to the community.
Limpopo College of Nursing is committed to facilitate an outcome-based scientific nursing education
and training that will advocate for patients in a multicultural environment.
- The Limpopo College of Nursing is situated in the Limpopo Province of Republic of South Africa.
The Province is bordered by Zimbabwe in the North, Botswana in the west,
the Republic of Mozambique in the east
The province covers a land area of 125 754 square kilometres with a population of 5.8
million (stats SA 2016.) 80% of the population is rural
The Limpopo College of Nursing is the major supplier of qualified nurses for the province for
the forty-three Hospitals and well over four hundred primary health care facilities
The College, formerly known as Northern Province College of Nursing, was established in
terms of Section 2 of the Northern Province College of Nursing Act, Act No. 3 of 1996.
The College was established by amalgamating the former Nursing Colleges of the previous
Dispensation of Lebowa, Gazankulu and Venda
- The College management office (central College) is situated at 34 Hans van Rensburg Street in the City of Polokwane
- There is a College campus in each district of Limpopo province which improved access to nurse training (Giyani
Campus in Mopani District with two Sub-campuses; Sekhukhune in Sekhukhune District with two Sub-campuses; Sovenga Campus in Capricorn District with one Sub-campus;
Thohoyandou Campus in Vhembe District with one Sub campus and Waterberg Campus in Waterberg Campus with one sub-campus).
- Sovenga Campus is 70km from central college
- Thohoyandou Campus is ± 360km to and from Central College in Polokwane Central Business District
- Giyani Campus is ± 320km to and from Central College
- Sekhukhune Campus is ± 250km to and from Central College
- Waterberg Campus is ± 130km to and from Central College
- The College Council manages the College through the Principal and its members defined in the
College Act – Provincial Notice 11 of 2003 (subsection- 6.1).
- The Limpopo College of Nursing has as its Principal as the Head of the Nursing College who reports to the Director Nursing
Education at the Provincial Head Office of Department of Health.
- Five Vice Principals are responsible for the administration, teaching and learning activities of the campuses.
3. Courses Offered
- The College is accredited to offer a three-year Diploma in Nursing: General (Government Notice R.171)
- For more information, refer to the Brochure
Information regarding application process will be loaded once application cycle is opened